Responsible for planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive children’s ministry. This position helps the church accomplish its mission by developing an effective ministry of Bible study, children’s outreach, discipleship and evangelism.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the Children’s ministries that include Wednesday Night Ministries and Children’s Church.
- Work with pastor to evaluate the effectiveness of the children’s ministry.
- Coordinate mission projects.
- Minister to individual children and/or parents as needed.
- Make ministry visits as necessary (i.e. hospital, funeral home, juvenile detention).
- Attend special school activities as time permits. (i.e. sporting events, award programs, pageants, graduations)
- Secure in advance for all trips, programs, and special events: 1) Medical Release Form for every individual, 2) adequate number of chaperones according to age, 3) adequate transportation.
- Organize children’s events (i.e. day camps; church, associational, and state sponsored events)
- Attend training seminars as required (i.e. professional development, first aid, CPR).
- Recommend financial and physical needs of the children’s ministry to the Budget Committee.
- Present a report at each business meeting which will include: 1) activities held since prior business meeting, 2) future activities, 3) an itemized report of receipts and disbursements.